The Kids Energy Zone is a great place for children to learn how to help their create a more energy efficient home, ways to save energy and energy safety. This Web site has tons of games, videos and surprises.
Tips From Switchy
- Turn off all the lights every time you leave the room.
- Shut down the computer when you are done using it.
- Unplug electronics like cell phones, video game consoles, and televisions when not in use.
- Set your thermostat to 78 in the summer and 68 in the winter.
- Don’t hold the refrigerator door open for long periods of time.
- Check windows and doors for air leaks.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with energy efficient CFL light bulbs.