IT Support Analyst
Ravalli Electric Co-op (REC) is looking for an IT Support Analyst. Candidate will work on the corporate technical Help-Desk and focuses on resolving easy to medium break/fix issues. The majority of time is spent working with end users and IT staff to troubleshoot problems related to the server/client computing environment. The position requires excellent communication, technical, and interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to provide superior support and service to a wide range of internal contacts.
• Responsible for providing timely and accurate end user support for issues of simple to moderate in scope (desktop/network/production applications, LAN/WAN, telecommunications, and hardware).
• Answer direct calls to the Helpdesk for IT support.
• Create tickets for all issues reported.
• Resolve incidents using documentation and pre-defined processes.
• Independently resolve problems of easy to moderate scope. Provide and document solutions to problems via proven diagnostic techniques.
• Assist with PC deployment including PC imaging and customization.
• Assist with conducting new hire equipment and account preparation.
• Create documentation around solutions to common issues.
• Escalate issues to Help Desk management as needed.
• Assist with special projects as requested.
• Assist with maintenance and monitoring of corporate network.
• 1 to 3 years of end user support experience gained through education and/or professional experience.
• Familiarity with all, and good working knowledge of computer hardware and troubleshooting.
• Good working knowledge of basic networking.
• Familiarity with LAN, WAN and telecommunications technology.
• Basic troubleshooting skills, including applications related issues.
• Experience with Active Directory, MS Office 365 and Windows 10.
• Apple iOS & Android troubleshooting experience is a plus.
• Project Management Aptitude.
Experience/Educational requirements: 2-year college degree in Information Technology with professional experience is preferred. However different combinations of education, experience and certifications will be considered.
Must have good analytic, written, and oral communication skills, experience with customer service and be able to lift and carry up to fifty pounds.
Successful applicant must possess a valid Montana driver’s license, present a professional appearance at all times, and have the ability to travel occasionally out-of-town. Offers are contingent upon completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
To apply, please visit our website at www.ravallielectric.com and submit 1) a completed REC job application, 2) your resume, and 3) a letter of interest. Benefit package is available after 90 days and competitive wage is DOE. Position is open until filled.
Government Relations Professional
The Montana Electric Cooperatives’ Association (MECA) is conducting a search for a government relations professional to join our team.
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, excelling at communicating, with strong listening skills. Writing and verbal presentation skills are a plus. The ability to think strategically and proactively, and work well in a team, is very important. Experience with legislative and regulatory processes and familiarity with the utility industry, as well as agriculture, is desired.
The successful candidate will be part of the MECA lobbying team. This is a full-time salaried position based in Great Falls, Montana. The ability to travel regularly is required. Extended stays in the state capital during the biennial legislative session are also required. The candidate will report directly to the CEO and, in addition to lobbying, will represent MECA at various meetings, as well as work with other MECA team members on numerous projects.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Present one’s self well
- Ability to remain positive in difficult situations
- Business Acumen
- Communication Skills, including exceptional ability to listen
- Electric Distribution System Knowledge
- Cooperative Knowledge
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to Effectively Manage Time
- Ability to Lift and Move up to 50 pounds
Valid Driver’s License
Background on MECA
The Montana Electric Cooperatives’ Association is a not-for-profit, statewide trade association representing 25 consumer-owned electric distribution cooperatives and three wholesale power supply cooperatives. Electric cooperatives provide electricity service to more than 400,000 Montanans, or about 40 percent of the state’s population. The cooperatives’ service areas cover all 56 Montana counties. Collectively, Montana’s electric cooperatives own and operate more than 56,000 miles of transmission and distribution power lines in Montana. Each cooperative is customer-owned, locally controlled and not-for-profit.
Competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please e-mail a resume’, letter of interest and three work-related references. All applications must be submitted electronically in one .pdf file. Submit the file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline of Friday, May 31, 2019. All written correspondences are to be addressed to Gary Wiens, CEO, Montana Electric Cooperatives’ Association, P.O. Box 1306, Great Falls, MT 59403. Oral questions may be referred to Lea Potoczny of the MECA office. The phone number is (406)761-8333.
Job Title: Information Technology Technician
Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative seeks to fill an immediate opening for an Information Technology Technician position in Sidney, MT. This position is an exciting opportunity to be a problem solver in the cooperative and assist with serving the membership of LYREC.
This position will assist in planning and facilitating the Cooperative’s technology work plan. Design, purchase, install, maintain, and troubleshoot PC, mobile devices, and server hardware/software. Monitor and maintain software licenses and certificates. Troubleshoot and maintain phone system, building security technology, UPS systems, switches, routers and peripherals. Provide training and guidance to employees for secure and proficient use of software and hardware.
This position supports the information technology environment ensuring that it is secure, meets the needs of the business and gives employees and directors the tools and training they need to be effective and proficient in their area of responsibility. Travel and training will be required with this position.
Applicants may download an employment application from our website at www.lyrec.com. Complete the employment application and submit it along with a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and references to: Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative, Attn: Corey Candee , PO Box 1047, Sidney, MT 59270. Applicant may also email all required documents to email@example.com. Deadline for applications to be received will be end of day on May 27, 2019.