Ravalli Electric Co-op is seeking a full-time System Engineer to join our member focused team. This position is responsible for engineering and planning and will direct, guide, or assist in the engineering activities by applying technical knowledge, sound engineering judgment, and skill to ensure REC's system meets present and future requirement and is rendering safe, efficient, and reliable service.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related engineering degree is required. A working knowledge of NESC and NEC standards, and Rural Utilities Service training is preferred.
- Ability to work with all departments in the preparation of plans and studies relating to sectionalizing, over current protection, device coordination, over voltage protection, voltage improvement, power factor correction, load balancing, and system reliability.
- Computer skills strong knowledge of Excel, staking, CAD and modeling software. NISC experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain a project schedule with multiple deadlines and apply critical thinking to design challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; creating and delivering presentations a plus.
Successful applicant must possess a valid Montana driver’s license, always present a professional appearance, and deliver exceptional customer service. Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
We invite candidates to apply for this position at www.ravallielectric.com and submit a completed REC job application, resume, and a detailed letter of interest.
Warehouse Materials Handler
SUMMARY: Manages Missoula Electric Cooperative's facilities and warehousing activities to ensure facilities are adequately serviced and maintained and performs inventory control activities to ensure materials are received, issued, stored, transferred, and accounted for properly and in a timely manner. Maintains a complete and adequate level of materials and supplies for line crews and contractors in multiple warehouse locations. Conducts and/or coordinates general maintenance of all cooperative owned building and grounds. Performs all work in a dependable, confidential and professional manner.
This position has a high potential for upward mobility given exemplary performance. As a medium to small sized company, roles and responsibilities can shift depending on the talent and aptitude of specific individuals. This position will require working with every department within MEC and carries a wide range of responsibilities. Promotions can be available if merited by job performance.
- All successful candidates will be required to pass pre-employment background screening, drug/alcohol testing and fitness capacity exam.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Required to hold or be able to obtain, within 45 consecutive days of hire, a valid Montana Class A, Interstate Commercial Driver’s License
- Required to be able to handle the physical demands of the job as described in the job description
- Experience working with Rural Utilities Service construction units and standards highly preferred.This would include issuing, purchasing, receiving and accounting for inventory.
Hourly Wage: $26.66 to $28.90 per hour range. Union position through IBEW. Wage and benefit package that ranks among the best in the state. 401(k) and a defined benefit pension, medical, dental, vision insurance, competitive PTO package.
Closing Date: Open until filled
To be eligible to be considered, the following must be completed in full and submitted: MEC Application of Employment, current resume and cover letter. See www.missoulaelectric.com for a job description and application. You may complete the application on line and e-mail to email@example.com or print and sign the application and mail above required paperwork to Human Resources, 1700 W. Broadway, Missoula, MT 59808 or fax to 406.541.6315. If using a large envelope, allow extra mailing time.